Thursday, August 31, 2006

Only the Lonely

Wishing a happy rainy Thursday to my fellow bloggers and bloggerettes.

Tell me bunky have you ever felt like you're whispering down a well? Day after lonely day you pour out your soul into your blog and day after lonely day nobody ever comments, nobody ever writes - not even to correct your grammar.

I once felt like you.

But not anymore. Not since I added Statcounter

Turns out that lots of people hit my blog - maybe not as many as the high profile bloggers like what's his name - but enough to feed my supersized ego. Now, I'll grant you many of the hits aren't really hits at all - your blog might show up in some poor slob's Google search (Statcounter tells you how people found you). Most people don't read these - you can tell because Statcounter reports that they spent ZERO seconds on your blog - but some do. Something I found particularly interesting was how many people searched for "sports analogies". I once wrote a tongue-in-cheek "Sports Analogy" (which incidently shows up as the 4th entry in a Google search). I can only imagine how pissed off these searchers must be when they click on this only to find out it's not what they expected. Sorry y'all.

Anyway, instead of feeling lonely, add Statcounter to your blog and bask in the attention. The world will love you. Gotta go. But remember, if you read this stuff, I'll know.

2 Comments:

Blogger Roch101 said...

"Tell me bunky have you ever felt like you're whispering down a well? Day after lonely day you pour out your soul into your blog and day after lonely day nobody ever comments, nobody ever writes - not even to correct your grammar."

There should be a comma after "bunky."

8:46 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

I said "grammar" not punctuation!

1:27 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home