Monday, April 03, 2006

So I missed a month

I've said it before and I'll say it again: anybody who can summon the resolve to contribute to their Blog more than twice a week is either a) underemployed b) desperate for attention or, c) repressing other issues. Since I have not even visited my Blog in over a month I guess I can say I am totally in control of my life, reasonably satisfied and issue-free (for the moment).

Here are a couple of things I need to get off my chest:

A UCLA/Florida NCAA Final is almost as boring as a White Sox/whoever World Series

Who would have guessed that we ACC fans would get so desperate that we'd resort to touting the "ALL ACC Women's Basketball Final" as the equivalent of the Second Coming?

Chuck Amato could learn a few things from Herb Sendak (and Herb, my hat's off to you buddy)

Soft-shell crab in any guise (as an ingredient in a Thai dish for example) is an invitation to disaster

Deferred maintenance will eventually catch up to you at the most inopportune time

Immigration laws are this year's "Gay marriage"

Tom Delay and Bill Frist are both slimeballs

HBO's "Big Love" has convinced me once and for all that plural marriage sounds better than it is.

And in that same vein, I'm grateful my father-in-law was not Harry Dean Stanton

I have not gone to the movies or rented a video since before Lent started and it's got nothing to do with Lent.

Do doctors get kickbacks when they order useless tests?

If I knew in advance how debilitating growing older was I would have misspent my youth a lot more aggressively.

It sure is hard adopting a new sport from scratch - NASCAR for example - but I have learned to dislike Tony Stewart in a very short time.

_________________________________
OK, now I'm back on the board. The Blogging community can breathe a sigh of relief.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I think maybe it was how you mispent your youth that's contributing to what a mess you are now ...

8:26 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home