Thursday, February 25, 2010

Lost in Translation

Just because I have never owned Toyota does not disqualify me from weighing in on the current Toyota controversy. I have read Shogun (twice) and watched BOTH "Flags of our Fathers" and "Letters from Iwo Jima" so I know that SOMEBODY on the Toyota team should be doing the honorable thing right about now and if your knowledge of Japanese culture is as extensive as mine, you know what I mean.

I am troubled by one thing though. All day yesterday they played clips of the 911 call Chris Lastrella made from the doomed Lexus as it hurtled toward oblivion. This is just me talking but I think the last thing going through my mind in a similar situation would be "hey, let's call 911." Granted, in stressful situations people don't always act rationally but Lastrella had two options, neither of which he apparently tried: shifting the car into neutral and turning off the ignition. It wasn't his car so why would he care about screwing it up? So if you see where I'm going with this, remember, the title of this blog is "I don't pretend to know"

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home