Tuesday, June 21, 2005

Hiatus

As my wife keeps telling me, bloggers have WAY too much time on their hands. As usual, she is right - as I'm just now finding out. I began writing this mess days before my really busy season hit. Now, if I've got ten minutes to spare I like to spend it curled in a fetal position chewing on my pillow and weeping softly.

But fear not (all two of you who stumble on this) as soon as I can get out from under this thing they call WORK, I'll be back with a vengeance.

For those of you (yes, both of you) who know what I do for a living, let me leave you with this: there are a lot of well-meaning people out there trying to raise children who are wrapped too tightly for the effort. If you are one of those people I encourage you strongly to relax. Children are amazingly resilient creatures (if you don't believe me, take a gander at the tots surviving incredibly difficult circumstances in various parts of the worlds - first, second and third). Your child, with all the advantages you have been able to provide, will survive most of the things you fear they won't - if you let them.

It's been a pleasure. See you soon. Maybe sooner than you think.

Oh, one more thing. I can't let it pass unremarked that today, Summer Solstice, featured a full moon. I'm not sure exactly how rare an occasion this is/was but it certainly seems like it should be auspicious (where's spell-check when you need it?)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home