Friday, December 16, 2005

For Moon Children only

Did you see it? I did.

The final full moon of the year was last night but with all the clouds and rain and general yuckiness it was out of sight and out of mind. However, this morning at around 6:15 when I stepped out to get the newspaper it was shinning brightly in a clear star-studded sky - it was quite a sight.

This particular morning our newspaper route carrier was a little behind his time so while I waited to see the headlights of his white Astro van coming down the steet, I enjoyed the moon-lit stillness of a magical frosty December morning watching the tiny blinking lights of early morning aircraft move silently across the sky. I might have stayed longer but the newspaper delivery was nowhere in sight and there was hot coffee waiting for me inside - and the aforementioned frostiness was finding its way inside my bathrobe. So, goodnight moon. It was nice of you to drop by.

Any resemblance of the above text to a certain poem by Robert Frost was purely unintentional.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home